CRIHL Mission & Goals
As religious leaders of different faiths who share a conviction in the one Creator, Lord of the Universe, we believe that the essence of religion is to worship G-d and respect the life and dignity of all human beings, regardless of religion, nationality and gender.
- To maintain a permanent relationship and open channels of communication between the institutional religious leadership of the Holy Land.
- To sustain a close working relationship with the Government of Israel and the Palestinian National Authority, in order to encourage their efforts in bringing a just and peaceful resolution to the conflict to the Holy Land.
- To promote an environment of mutual acceptance and respect between Palestinians and Israelis, in particular between the respective faith communities, through dialogue, education and media.
- To promote respect for the holy sites of all faith communities, and to counteract any expression of disrespect, desecration or abuse of holy sites, particularly when they are exploited for violent and hostile purposes.
- To engage with religious leaders internationally and particularly in the Middle East in pursuit of an enduring peace in the Holy Land.